Fioricet contains a combination of acetaminophen, butalbital, and caffeine. Acetaminophen is a pain reliever and fever reducer. Butalbital is in a group of drugs called barbiturates. It relaxes muscle contractions involved in a tension headache. Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant. It relaxes muscle contractions in blood vessels to improve blood flow.
Fioricet is used to treat tension headaches that are caused by muscle contractions.
Some patients are not allowed to buy fioricet online though they are OK to buy fioricet in a street pharmacy with their doctors’ prescription:
- You have porphyria;
- You have alcohol addictive history;
- You have recently taken edatives, tranquilizers, or other narcotic medications;
- You have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days;
- You have liver disease;
- You have cirrhosis disease;
- You have drug addiction history;
- You drink more than 3 alcoholic beverages per day;
- You have kidney disease;
- You have asthma, sleep apnea, or other breathing disorder;
- You have stomach ulcer or bleeding;
- You have a history of skin rash caused by any medication;
- You have a history of mental illness or suicidal thoughts;
- You use medicine to prevent blood clots;
- You are pregnant;
- You are breastfeeding.